If you would like to know what causes premature aging in the skin, you can blame free radical molecules in the body (caused by binge drinking, bad diet, smoking and stressors from the environment). You can also include in this list exposure to the sun which can cause not only wrinkles, age spots and freckles but also causes skin cancer when in excess. In this article, you will discover some natural anti aging skin care tips that you must start using now to help preserve the softness and moisture in your skin. I would also like to recommend some free radical busting anti-aging tips and some over-the-counter products to help you fight the signs of the aging of your skin and restore youthfulness.
From the early 30s and onwards, our skin starts to lose its healthy color and texture. Sin becomes less vibrant, sagging and wrinkles begin to appear. Large pores, broken capillaries around the cheek and nose begin to appear. From the age of the early 40s, age spots will begin to show on our hands, arms, face and upper lip because of exposure to the sun, the Pill and pregnancy. However, there are many anti aging skin tips that you can use to help maintain the glowing look of youthful skin well beyond your 40s.
1. Get your beauty sleep. Beauty sleep is really just that – make it your priority for natural anti aging skin care. Sleep restores your cells and is necessary for regeneration.
2. Learn to breath deeply in yoga classes. Deep breathing promotes oxygen flow to the skin and your “massages” your internal organs. Deep breathing also helps with skin tone.
3. Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits which are loaded with Vitamin A, C and E, all being strong anti-oxidants. Vitamin C helps boost collagen production and is anti-inflammatory, essential for skin cell regeneration, plumping and healing. Vitamin C and E together (vitamin E is also immune stimulating which helps circulation and skin tone. Taking these two vitamins together also assist to protect against UV rays.
4. Moisturize from within – another basic rule for helping keep skin moisturized is to drink 8 glasses of clean water per day. This helps with skin hydration, flushes out toxins and keeps your hair shiny.
5. Another benefit of exercise besides helping manage your weight, strengthen your muscles and bones is that exercise helps your skin to heal more quickly.
6. Apply moisturizer while your skin is still damp – apply immediately after bathing or showering will help fight the signs of aging of your skin allowing more penetration to the deeper layers of skin.
7. Make sure your diet contains the necessary fats – essential for healthy youthful skin. Essential fats moisturize from within. Eat plenty of oily fish, extra virgin olive oil, flax seeds, avocados, nuts and seeds. When you use a massage oil, use an oil which is derived from nut, seed or fruit oils for helping with your anti aging skin care regime.
8. De-Stress! One of the most dangerous things not only for your skin and aging and health is stress. Nothing ages the skin, (except for smoking and excess exposure to the sun than stress. Remember, stress kills! Stress can cause pimples, wrinkles, puffy eyes and frown lines. Nutritious food and yoga classes can help immensely to handle stressful times. Meditation is also good for de-stressing and helps preserve youthful skin.
9. If you skin is suffering from the pollution in the city, try using green tea and grape seed oil on your skin. These help to get rid of free radical pollutants from your skin.
10. Stop smoking, as already mentioned earlier in this article, you know all the facts and dangers of smoking. Consider also that it wrecks your skin. Period. Smoking decreases oxygen to the skin, causes a gray look to the skin tone, constricts blood vessels, creates those fine wrinkles around the lips, and produces a collagen destroying enzyme.
11. Use anti-aging skin care products suitable to your age group. Pre-menopausal skin requires different products that products suitable for menopausal skin. Use skin care products to fight the signs of aging – ones that contain such natural ingredients as hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C, plant proteins and wheat germ oil.
So there you have it, 11 basic natural anti aging skin care tips which are not difficult to follow and are in your control. These tips are also good rules to apply a healthy life style to your own life. Never forget to moisturize your skin twice a day and ALWAYS apply sun block when you go out in the sun.